Tuesday, November 14, 2006

1st week back in Perth!

It's been 7 days since I've been back in Perth and so far I have been down with a chesty cough, running nose, survived a very wonderful and enjoyable family retreat and also a whack on my face. Let's talk about the family retreat first. There was 23 of us in all, ranging from 74 to 6 mths old. The kids far outnumbered the adults. There was lots of food, fun and more fun with swimming, beach, bowling, playground, bbq, video games, etc. All the adults are completely exhausted now and the kids are so wind up that it will most probably take another 3 days for them to settle down to a normal routine again.

Now how did I get that whack in the face?? Very interesting! Ian and I were playing with the kids at the playground. We were having a race to see who could complete the obstacle course first, which included swinging on the flying fox, climbing up the steps and sliding down. this was where moi had a miscalculation. There was this pole across the slide for the kids to hang on to before they slide down. Well, I saw it, grabbed it and in my hurry to slide down, forgot to lower my head. So with full force I swung both arms to push myself down the slide and instead of a smooth ride down, my face went smacked into the pole. My glasses smacked onto my nose. I did not know what hit me but did finish my race though. It was only about 10 minutes later that I realised the damage done. I had a huge bump on my nose and boy did it hurt. Well, it did not look as bad as it felt. I said to Ian that at least I did not have to go for plastic surgery to get a nose ridge now. The bump made my nose looked higher than it normally is. Hee! Must always look at the funny side of things.

Got to go now. Kids just come home from fishing trip with Ian. Will put some photos next blog.

No comments: