Friday, January 12, 2007

Bigger







The next day…Sunday 7th of Jan.

Cecilia and I were told briefly about a fare well for our family after service on Sunday. In our hearts this was the long awaited ‘cya later mates’.

Several times during my hols in Perth I tried to write something out for this occasion.

‘Dear Heartbeaters, love you lots. Signed, The DierdenTribe...Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa'

'Dearest Heartbeat, ‘Never before, in the theater of War has so many, given so much, to so few….naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'

It was no good….I couldn’t write it out. So much stuff to come out of our hearts….

I went down to Jumbo at 5.30 and penned some thoughts. I ended up arguing why I should go to Laos and not stay in Singapore…That wasn’t what I wanted to say to them!

In the end I bit my lip, rocked up to pre-service prayer and just started praying with Joshua, Yang, Vic, Wei Liang and Renita…I began to feel over-whelmed. Renita prayed and reminded me that love created in God’s family endures time and space.

During the prayer time I had a word for P. Joshua, “complete”. I shared this with him and then went up to get ready my ‘video’. I had anticipated some leaders would ‘saboh’ me…Shucks! In the end the youth were their usual kind-hearted selves. So in the end it was me who saboh H.Yang, Johnson, Dan, and June.

Pris and Andrea passed us cards of encouragement and thanks…we’ve always found the youth encouraging and willing to express their thankfulness in different ways. By the end of the farewell we were just overwhelmed to see how grateful our SJSM youth were. I realised that the word ‘complete’ wasn’t for Pastor Joshua. It was for our family. By God’s grace we completed something He called us to do on earth!

No comments: